Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Makeup Tips for Photos

One of the constant struggles JSG's Annie has is how to get her makeup right for photos. Specifically, how to avoid having a super-shiny, grease slick of a forehead (see below, left, from our recent cruise). It seems like no matter how much powder I use, I still look ultra-shiny in photos.

Annie and Hope on cruise

I was only too happy to receive a Precriptives Photochrome Light Adjusting Compact foundation to test out. According to the packaging, the foundation: Makes skin look natural in any light, all day long. Innovative light-reflecting particles diffuse glare, while softening the look of lines and wrinkles, and minimizing the appearance of pores. The lightweight, long-wearing cream-to-powder foundation provides a seamless finish that never looks heavy--just perfectly flawless and ready for pictures. The patented ergonomic sponge contours the face for precise application.

Photochrome

I put Prescriptives Photocrome to the test on the first day of New York Fashion Week, when my schedule was jammed from 10 am til midnight. Here I am backstage at the tents around 1 pm:


Annie Fritz backstage at fashion week
and later that evening at the Target Alexander McQueen party:

Annie Fritz at Target PartyMy skin has a nice matte finish and the product definitely lived up to its promises of working in any light, being long wearing and working for photos (If I do say so, myself!). I did use a fair amount of moisturizer along with the new Prescriptives Flawless Face Primer before using the foundation. My skin is dry and I'm not used to wearing heavier foundation, so I wanted the extra boost before applying. And it seems as if nothing will ever stop the glare entirely on my forehead. Perhaps I should follow the lead of my friend, Bianca, and get bangs.

What I didn't like about Photocrome: It has a slight chemical odor and the sponge--patented or not, seemed to work like a basic makeup sponge. If it were up to me, I would cutback on the plastic packaging and sell the foundation alone.

Those two factors aside, I'll definitely be using Photochrome again next time I know I'll be in pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com